Introducing CAPIO’s 2023-2024 Board of Directors
CAPIO is pleased to announce the 2023-2024 Board of Directors who oversee and guide the strategic direction for the association. As the state’s leading government communications association, the California Association of Public Information Officials serves our 1000-member network of public communicators through training, networking and professional development opportunities. Read on to learn more about our board members.
The 2023-2024 CAPIO board members include:
- President - Lael Wageneck, APR, Public Information Officer, Santa Barbara County Public Works Department
- President-Elect | Treasurer – Tom Christensen, Communications Specialist, County of San Diego
- Immediate Past President – Erin Morales, Government and Public Affairs Supervisor, Cucamonga Valley Water District
- Vice President – Conference – Sylvia Ornelas, Senior Strategic Communications Representative, Western Municipal Water District
- Vice President – Awards – Jillian Keller, Sustainability Coordinator, Walnut Valley Water District
- Vice President – Communications – Brie Anne Coleman, APR, Communications Specialist, Placer County Water Agency
- Education & Development Chair – Robin Rockey, APR, CEO, RockSpark Communications + Marketing
- Social Media Chair – Teresa Collins, Deputy Director of Communications, City of Escondido
- Northern CA Regional & Membership Chair – Maurice Chaney, Public Information Officer, City of Roseville Environmental Utilities
- Central CA Regional & Membership Chair — Sonja Dosti, APR, Public Information Officer, County of Fresno
- Southern CA Regional & Membership Chair—Rudy Alvarado, Supervisor, City of Pico Rivera
CAPIO’s board members are elected and serve rotating two-year terms. Each year, board members are voted on by CAPIO members throughout the state and represent the organization’s diverse membership, including board members from state organizations, special districts, school districts, cities and counties.
To learn more about CAPIO’s Board of Directors, visit CAPIO’s website.