How to Enter
All entries must be submitted online. To enter, you must complete and include all of the following items for each entry:
- Written Narrative (Click here for narrative tips) (Click here for research tips)
- Supporting Project Materials
- Entry Fee Payment
- FAQs -
Other entry requirements (included in the narrative tips web page):
- All entries must be for work performed and or executed in calendar year 2020 or 2021. (Entries will be judged against entries from that same year as long as the number of total entries warrants it.)
- An online entry form must be completed and submitted with each PDF. All entries must complete mandatory fields on the online entry form, including service area size (e.g. population, rate payer, etc.) . The same service area size should be used across all entries, including internal communication (e.g enter service area, not total employees).
- Formatting: Each entry must include a written narrative that is no more than two pages, single spaced, in no smaller than 11 point font and a minimum of .5 margins all around.
- Each entry should include the agency’s name, award title and award category in the top right corner.
- Entry must be loaded as a single PDF document and cannot exceed 15MB.
A single work may be entered in multiple categories and an entrant may submit multiple works in each category.
Entry fees must accompany each individual entry. A separate entry fee must be paid for single works that have been submitted in multiple categories.
If you are submitting near the deadline and paying by check, please email a copy of the check and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For payment questions or issues submitting your entry, contact the CAPIO office at email@example.com.
Entering is as Easy as 1 2
Video credits: Son Bui (WMWD), Sarah Macdonald (City of San Marcos), Susanne Bankhead (City of Carlsbad) and Liselle DeGrave (DeGrave Communications)
Entries will be judged based on:
- Presentation (overall completeness and organization of entry)
For more information, please visit our Judging Criteria page. Interested in being a judge? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our list.