CBS 13/Good Day Sacramento Media Tour
2713 KOVR Drive
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Cost: Free. Registration Required (This event is limited to 20 participants. If the event is filled and you would like to be on the waiting list, please email email@example.com).
Tour the CBS 13/Good Day Sacramento newsroom and learn more about station operations at one of Sacramento’s leading television news stations.
Following the tour, meet with the station’s reporters, producers, assignment editors and news director and learn about the latest trends in the news and public information industries, including:
- What’s the best way to pitch and place news stories?
- How do reporters and assignment editors prefer to receive information from government agencies?
- How has social media changed the media landscape?
- Where are reporters finding story ideas?
- What’s the best time of day for a news conference?
- What are PIO best practices and reporters’ pet peeves?
- How should communicators be utilizing social media to communicate with news outlets and the public?