What EPIC programs did you work on in 2020 or 2021?
EPIC awards program earlybird deadline is Friday, May 13
Recognizing work from 2021 and 2022
CAPIO’s EPIC Awards program recognizes and honors outstanding professional work and accomplishments in the public communications field. We continue to see government communications professionals raise the standard of excellence and creativity in our profession. Your work inspires us and we look forward to celebrating your EPIC work at the CAPIO Exellence in Public Information and Communications (EPIC) Awards events during the CAPIO Annual Conference. Read on to learn about the categories and how to apply.
How to Apply
- Consider which category(ies) your programs fall under. Our 31 award categories offer you plenty of opportunities to showcase your creativity.
Changes this year include:
- Adding in-house and consultant-supported options for video categories
- Adding a category for TikTok or Reels videos
- Moving mobile app to its own category separate from website
- Defining a category for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) outreach campaigns (incl. multicultural outreach programs)
- Prepare your narrative (narrative tips)
- Prepare your supporting materials (optional)
- Learn more through our recorded Tips on Making Your Award Entry EPIC webinar.
When you enter, you will also be asked to list your population size or service area population size. Based on the number of entries, certain categories will be sub-divided by population size for award recognition. We will also be honoring a “Best of Show” for both 2020 and 2021 selected by the judges from the field of entries based on population size. View a quick video on how to enter through our Survey Monkey Apply program.
Early bird deadline – May 13
Early Bird Entrance fees (now – May
CAPIO Member: $115
Regular Entrance fees (May 14 - June
CAPIO Member: $140
EPIC AWARDS LUNCHEON & DINNER
This year the EPIC awards will be presented during the EPIC Awards Luncheon on August 30 during the CAPIO Annual Conference in San Diego. An EPIC Awards Dinner will be held to celebrate our Best of Show winners and our individual winners of the Paul B. Clark Award, the Frank Potter Cowan Crisis Communications Leader Award, and the Communicator of the Year Award.
Entrance to the awards luncheon and dinner will be included in full-conference registration. Individual tickets will also be available for purchase when registration goes live.