The award is presented at the Annual Conference to the individual who, in the judgment of the CAPIO Board of Directors, demonstrates exceptional leadership in the field through professional commitment, including the mentoring of others and fostering a greater understanding of the PIO function among colleagues, community and the media.
You do not need to be a member to nominate an individual for this award. In nominating a person for the award, a nominator might consider:
- The nominee’s history as a public information official or other public agency manager or elected official.
- The nominee’s history with CAPIO, as a member, volunteer or board member
- Other contributions to CAPIO and the profession, including:
- Presenting at a CAPIO workshop, CAPIO Annual Conference or other conference;
- Hosting a regional workshop;
- Serving as a judge for the annual Excellence in Communications Award; and
- Mentoring other public information personnel or offering advocacy of the profession with other managers and elected officials or media.
The CAPIO Board is soliciting nominations from members and non-members. The final selection will be made made by the CAPIO Board or appointed selection committee prior to the Annual Conference in April each year. Nominees do not need to be members of CAPIO.
The award winner will receive a lifetime membership in CAPIO, a commemorative gift, and special recognition at the CAPIO Annual Conference. In addition, CAPIO will send a news release and supporting photograph(s) to the award winner’s employer and to local media following the announcement.
Nomination Deadline & Contact Information
Nominations may be submitted to the CAPIO office by email through the form below. The deadline for nominations for the 2018 Paul B. Clark Award is March 8 at 5 p.m. If you have questions, please call us at 1-844-CAPIO55 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paul B. Clark Nomination Form
The Nomination form for the 2018 Award Season will be available in October.