San Diego Highlights
There is no shortage of things to do in this piece of California paradise!
Within Walking Distance of the Hotel
- Fashion Valley Mall - Visit San Diego's finest outdoor shopping destination, featuring 200 stores and restaurants including Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's and Coach and numerous restaurant options including Cheesecake Factory. Walk to the mall using the new walking path which offers convenient and safe access directly to the mall from the DoubleTree front door. (5 minute walk)
- Trolley Station - Hazard Center Station is on the Dan Diego Trolley's Green Line which has convenient stops in Old Town, Qualcomm and Downtown Gaslamp Quarter.
Within a Short Drive or Trolley Ride
- San Diego Coastline - after a rainy (or snowy) winter - you'll be ready for some sun and sand at these beautiful beaches
- San Diego Zoo - The 100 acre Zoo is home to over 3,700 area and endangered animals representing more than 650 species and subspecies.
- Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter - Over 200 restaurants, retail options and an array of city night-life including bars and clubs.
- Balboa Park - A historical park with dozens of museums and breathtaking architecture and gardens. Our Excellence in Communications Awards Gala will be held at the Prado at Balboa Park (bus transportation included for conference attendees).
- Old Town San Diego - This historical neighborhood celebrates San Diego's Hispanic heritage with plenty of shopping and restaurants to enjoy. (One trolley stop from the hotel)
- Little Italy - Several options in Little Italy will be featured on our restaurant roundup options. This famous area is just a short block from the boardwalk and ocean vistas
- Seaport Village - Shops and restaurants just south of the USS Midway great for a day of shopping with a view of the ocean.
- USS Midway Museum - Coming early or staying late? Consider taking a tour of the USS Midway aircraft carrier. It is a sight to behold this "City on the Sea." Self-guided audio tours available along with other tour options are available for purchase. Voted #1 Thing to Do in San Diego on TripAdvisor.